Jump to navigation Jump to search
|CCI component 2 codes - what was done|
|CCI 2 code:||93|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect each|
This procedure is a part of CCI Collection. This is one of the CCI component 2 codes - what was done.
- It refers to medical removal of an external body structure -- most often digit or limb, but includes ear, nose, etc.
- It must be distinguished from removal of an internal body part, for which you use one of the "Excision" codes.
- To code amputations in the past, use the code Past history, loss of limb(s) as applicable
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- Px Date
- if an Acquired Procedure, enter the Px Date for each day that they happen
- if an Admit Procedure leave the date blank
- Px Count
- if they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1
Px Date for patients who move
See Px Date#Moves
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
Related ICD10 Codes
(enter links to ICD10 codes that would likely go with this CCI procedure, but only in case of close relation, ie not every dx that might require this procedure)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|