Decubitus (pressure) ulcer, stage not indicated
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Decubitus (pressure) ulcer, stage not indicated|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Ulcers - Decubitus only|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- This code covers TWO situations:
- When the stage presumably is known by somebody, but was recorded and so the data collector doesn't have the stage available to them
- When it is "unstageable" from a technical standpoint, i.e. can't see the wound bed.
Coding multiple ulcers
- If there are pressure ulcers on DIFFERENT body parts (e.g. left heel, right heel, coccyx) then code them separately -- even though they will not be readily distinguishable as the code doesn't include body location.
- If there are multiple pressure ulcers close to each other on the same body part (e.g. coccyx area) then only code the one of the highest/worst stage.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
|Decubitus Ulcer codes:|
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)