Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement
From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|CCI component 2 codes - what was done|
|Procedure:||Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement|
|CCI 2 code:||90|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect each|
- Excision and resection refer to work done on an internal body part. If it's an external body part consider instead use of Amputation.
- If any amount of reconstruction was done as part of a resection, code only Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement
- Example: a radical breast resection accompanied by a breast reconstruction, only code Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement
- Otherwise the distinction is whether the extent of the excision, usually indicated in the operative note written by the surgeon:
- Excision, Resection, partial indicates that only part of the body part was removed -- e.g. partial thyroidectomy
- Excision, Resection, total indicates ALL of the body part was removed -- e.g. total gastrectomy
- Excision, Resection, radical indicates that not only was all of the body part removed, but adjacent structures such as lymph nodes, adjacent soft tissue structures were also removed.
- Examples: radical neck dissection, radical mastectomy.
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- If they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times as Px Count for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1== Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition ==
- Excision, Resection, partial
- Excision, Resection, total
- Excision, Resection, radical
- CCI component 2 codes - what was done
Related ICD10 Codes
(enter links to ICD10 codes that would likely go with this CCI procedure, but only in case of close relation, ie not every dx that might require this procedure)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|