Aortic dissection (any part)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Aortic dissection (any part)|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||none assigned|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||2019-0: Dissecting thoracic/abdominal aneurysm|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- If, as is usually true, the dissection is in the setting of an aortic aneurysm, then ALSO code the aneurysm, and link the two codes together.
- If the chart says the dissection happened due to an aortic ulcer, that is just a type of dissection and does not need to be coded separately. In the extremely unusual situation where an aortic erosion or aortic ulcer is discovered without a dissection, code it under Disorder of artery/arteries, NOS.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
if Abdominal Aorta is included in repair, also code
- CCI1 code: (T) Abdominal Aorta
- CCI2 code: Excision with Reconstruction, Replacement
- instead of Repair; this one is more extensive
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)