Closure of fistula
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|CCI component 2 codes - what was done|
|Procedure:||Closure of fistula|
|CCI 2 code:||86|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect each|
This procedure is a part of CCI Collection. This is one of the CCI component 2 codes - what was done.
- This code can apply to pathological or surgical fistulae --- former might be a enterovesicular fistual (connection from bowel to bladder) due to radiation therapy damage; latter includes all sorts of surgical ostomies such as colostomy, gastrotomy, tracheostomy, etc.
- One might be confused how to code surgical closure of a surgical fistula. In particular should one use THIS "what was done" code, or instead use Reattachment. The answer is to use this one, and the "body part" to use is whatever is appropriate, e.g. for colostomy closure use (T) Large Intestine. Also, for this person, they should have a comorbid ICD10 code of Ileostomy or colostomy, has one
- closure of simple perforation, use Repair --- a simple performation differs from a pathological fistula in that only the latter has a "fistulous tract" (i.e. it has a membrane/surface that goes from one of the organs to the other, unlike a simple hole), the former is just a hole (e.g. as might be caused by a knife or bullet)
- bronchopleural fistula (air leak) closure/repair [including via thoracoplasty]
- closure/repair of cleft palate.
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- Px Date
- if an Acquired Procedure, enter the Px Date for each day that they happen
- if an Admit Procedure leave the date blank
- Px Count
- if they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1
Px Date for patients who move
See Px Date#Moves== Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition ==
Related ICD10 Codes
(enter links to ICD10 codes that would likely go with this CCI procedure, but only in case of close relation, ie not every dx that might require this procedure)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|