Hyperthyroidism (with or without goiter)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Hyperthyroidism (with or without goiter)|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||2019-0: Renal/Metabolic NOS, 2019-0: Metabolic/Renal NOS|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
incl "hot nodules"
- A hot nodule is defined as a nodular region of the thyroid gland that takes up large amounts of radioactive iodine relative to the rest of the thyroid gland, hence it is visualized as a "hot spot" on the thyroid scan. The majority of hot nodules function autonomously, and have lost their normal ability to be regulated by TSH. Accordingly, they often produce excess amounts of thyroid hormone, and eventually result in the development of hyperthyroidism.
- diffuse toxic goiter=Graves disease
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Weight loss, abnormal
- Thyroiditis, subacute
- Thyroiditis, acute
- Thyroid storm or crisis (severe thyrotoxicosis)
- Thyroiditis, NOS
- Thyroiditis, autoimmune
- Pregnancy (person is pregnant)
- Goiter without hyperthyroidism (nontoxic goiter)
- Endocrine disorder, NOS
- Osteoporosis without new pathologic fracture
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)