|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||none assigned|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||Metabolic/Renal NOS, Renal/Metabolic NOS|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
- This code Includes Hashimoto's thyroiditis - aka Chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis, autoimmune thyroiditis, struma lymphomatosa, Hashimoto's disease)
- May present with hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, and with or without a goiter.
Graves disease(toxic diffuse goiter) is an autoimmune disease which is the most common cause of Hyperthyroidism (with or without goiter).
The full ICD10 coding schema has a separate code for this  but we include it under this code. See Reasoning around moving to ICD10 and our subset of it for more info.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Thyroiditis, NOS
- Thyroiditis, subacute
- Thyroiditis, chronic
- Thyroid storm or crisis (severe thyrotoxicosis)
- Hyperthyroidism (with or without goiter)
- Myxedema with coma
- Myxedema NOS
- Disorder of the immune system, NOS
- Endocrine disorder, NOS
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)