Pulmonary hypertension, secondary (any cause)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Pulmonary hypertension, secondary (any cause)|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Pulmonary Hypertension|
|APACHE Como Component:||Respiratory|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Use this code if there is an identifiable cause -- e.g. valvular heart disease, or others listed below.
- use Pulmonary hypertension, primary (PPH) if there is no identifiable cause for it.
- Pulmonary hypertension can be acute or chronic.
- Pulmonary hypertension is part of the APACHE Chronic element.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Code with the cause if known; possible causes of pulmonary hypertension include (but are not limited to):
- Left heart failure
- diffuse lung diseases, like COPD
- Sleep apnea, obstructive
- Any diffuse infiltrative disease of the lungs, including but not limited to: Sarcoidosis, any organ(s), Idiopathic interstitial pulmonary fibrosis
- autoimmune diseases that affect the lungs or the pulmonary vessels
- Disorder of pulmonary vessels, NOS
- Any chronic or recurrent pulmonary thromboembolic condition
- chronic abuse of certain drugs -- e.g. cocaine, methamphetamine
- congenital heart disorders
- portal hypertension
- AIDS (disease due to HIV)
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
Show all ICD10 Subcategories