AIDS (disease due to HIV)
|Dx:||AIDS (disease due to HIV)|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||AIDS (disease due to HIV)|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
- mutually exclusive with HIV infection, asymptomatic
- HIV positive with an opportunist infection and a CD4 count of less than 200 can be coded as AIDS
- Details about understand the CD4 count:
- Details opportunistic infections seen with AIDS:
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- HIV infection, asymptomatic
- Infectious contact/exposure, HIV, without disease (yet)
- Pneumocystis Jirovecii or Pneumocystis Carinii pneumonia associated with AIDS.
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Infections in ICD10 have combined coding requirements for some of their pathogens. Any that have antibiotic resistances would store those as Combined ICD10 codes as well. If the infection is acquired in the hospital, see Nosocomial infection, NOS. See Lab and culture reports for confirmation and details about tests. See Infections in ICD10 for more general info.
Infection with implied pathogen
This diagnosis implies its pathogen. A pathogen should not be coded.
Attribution of infections
Related CCI Codes