Respiratory failure (insufficiency) NOS, not specified as acute or chronic
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Respiratory failure (insufficiency) NOS, not specified as acute or chronic|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Post Lung Transplant Problem, Neuromuscular Disease NYD, Failure to wean -Non-Post-Op, Leukemic Infiltrates, Respiratory failure 2nd to multiple sclerosis, Failure to wean -Post-Op, Respiratory failure 2nd to Neuromuscular Disease|
|APACHE Como Component:||Respiratory|
|APACHE Acute Component:||2019-0: Postop resp failure/insuff|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Note that this code covers not just overt respiratory failure, but all levels of respiratory insufficiency.
- This code will likely be used very rarely, because usually it will be clear if the respiratory insufficiency is acute or chronic. But on rare occasion you may come across a situation where it's NOT delineated. And this code is for that situation.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Respiratory failure (insufficiency) NOS, acute
- Respiratory failure (insufficiency), chronic
- Hypercapnia (hypercarbia)
- Hypoxemia (hypoxia)
- ARDS (noncardiogenic pulmonary edema)
- Transfusion-related acute lung injury (TRALI, form of ARDS)
- Respiratory arrest
- Multiple sclerosis-if issue of respiratory failure is associated with this problem
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)