STB Medicine Collection Guide
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article contains information specific to STB Medicine.
- See STB General Collection Guide for general STB information such as: links to EPR, Mail room, medical records. Information also in regards to obtaining hand sanitizer, wipes, printer paper for collection offices.
- See Medicine Curriculum for general information,
Please make sure you document information at the most general level that is applicable, i.e. don't code something that affects all collection at StB in the program or unit level articles.
- The Respiratory service admits patients to B5 under the SBGH Internal Med / Respiratory service. The number of beds that are occupied by these patients can fluctuate from day to day and as such so will the census for medicine patients that are admitted to B5. We do NOT collect data on the patients admitted under the respiratory service.
- When a patient is discharged to B5 under the respiratory service the Dispo field should be STB_Ward, similarly if you admit a patient from B5 that was under the respiratory service the Admit from should be STB_ward
IMPORTANT INFORMATION DURING COVID PANDEMIC
see STB General Collection Guide#IMPORTANT UPDATE DURING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC for general info
- STB Med Data Collectors will be working from home until recalled or redeployed; we are monitoring our emails
Location of information
- Cognos2 is used for collection of Admit/Transfer/Discharge (A/D/T) dates/times
- See Using Cognos2 to keep track of patients for further information
- The STB Electronic Patient Record is used to review documentation as needed and to complete collection for patient discharges
See Visit Admit DtTm field for further information
STB Medicine workload splitting
STB Medical Records requests
- Not needed for STB Medicine Program collection
Use EPR vital signs to collect the Medicine items for Apache
Office and staff
see Category:St Boniface Hospital Office (Medicine)