Admit Type for APACHE II
From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Data Element (edit)|
|CCMDB Label:||Admit Type|
|Program:||Med and CC|
Admit type for APACHE
- Admit type for the Apache is coded as "Surgical Emergency" only if: The patient was admitted directly from the OR or the Recovery Room, and if the surgery was essential for patient survival (at HSC coded as an "E1" by the surgical team).
- Admit type for the Apache is coded as "Elective Surgery" only if: The patient had a non-emergent surgery, and was admitted directly from the OR or the Recovery Room.
- All other patients (even those with recent surgeries), are classified as "Medical" for their Apache Admit type.
- Chronic disease + emergent surgery or non operative (medical patient) = 5 points
- Chronic disease + elective surgery = 2 points
- No chronic disease = 0 points
CCI has no concept for emergent
CCI has no way to code the concept of "emergent" so we need to continue to collect this item as is.