|Data Element (edit)|
|CCMDB Label:||Admit Type|
|Program:||Med and CC|
The Admit Type for APACHE II is a way to classify patients' surgical status and one of the elements used to generate the APACHE score.
Legacy implementation right in the table
Code as follows:
- "Surgical Emergency" only if patient meets the criteria in Emergency Surgery (concept)
- "Elective Surgery" only if the patient had surgery that didn't meet criteria in Emergency Surgery (concept), and was admitted directly from the OR or the Recovery Room
- "Medical" for all other patients (even those with recent surgeries)
- Chronic Health APACHE + emergent surgery or non operative (medical patient) = 5 points
- Chronic Health APACHE + elective surgery = 2 points
- No Chronic Health APACHE = 0 points
CCI has no concept for emergent
CCI has no way to code the concept of "emergent" so we need to continue to collect this item as is.
The possible values are listed in S AP AdmitType table.