Antineoplastic/chemotherapy or immunosuppressive drugs, adverse effect
|Dx:||Antineoplastic/chemotherapy or immunosuppressive drugs, adverse effect|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
Includes: side effects such as nausea/vomiting.
Inlcudes: antirejection drugs
|List of immunosuppressive drugs|
Used to treat: autoimmune disease (RA, UC, Crohn's, lupus, MS, psoriasis, etc); also after organ transplant
Adverse effect codes
- This information pertains to the following codes:
- It refers to pharmaceuticals and other biological substances
- Do not confuse this group of codes with Template:ICD10 Guideline overdose or Template:ICD10 Guideline poisoning by non-pharmaceuticals
- The definition of this category requires that both of the following be true: (1) something bad happened as a direct result of the agent AND (2) the agent was used with an appropriate dosing regimen.
- The “something bad” can be a threat to life/limb/organ function -- but what distinguishes this category from Category:Overdose is whether the dose/dosing regimen was appropriate or not.
- These adverse effects are almost all immune-mediated and include: allergic reactions, hypersensitivity reactions, more vaguely defined “adverse drug reactions”
- examples: drug rash; anaphylactic reaction; drug fever
- exception: bleeding on coumadin at an appropriate dose is NOT coded here, but as Hemorrhage, due to anticoagulant or thrombolytic drug
- In addition to a number of codes for specific agents (e.g. insulin), or classes of agents (e.g. beta-blockers) there are several levels of “wastebasket” codes -- the final, all-encompassing wastebasket here is Drug or biological substance/agent NOS, adverse effect
- For bad outcomes caused by overdoses, in most cases a counterpart dx will exits in:
See ICD10 Guideline for drugs and substances for more info on coding substance related ICD10 diagnoses.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)