Jump to navigation Jump to search
|CCI component 2 codes - what was done|
|CCI 2 code:||75|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect each|
This procedure is a part of CCI Collection. This is one of the CCI component 2 codes - what was done.
- Refers to a procedure to actually fuse 2 body similar and adjacent parts together. Usually (but not always) this refers to fusing 2 bones (e.g. adjacent spinal bones). Thus fusion usually is for the purpose of stabilizing a body part.
- Arthrodesis - code joint by site + fusion; for spine, code (T) Vertebral Bones +fusion.
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- Px Date
- if an Acquired Procedure, enter the Px Date for each day that they happen
- if an Admit Procedure leave the date blank
- Px Count
- if they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1
Px Date for patients who move
See Px Date#Moves=== Fusion vs Fixation ===
- The subtlety here is to distinguish it from Fixation of a body part which is done to stabilize or "fix" a body part -- but Fusion when the way it was done was by actually fusing things together. Use Fixation when the stabilization approach was NOT to fuse things together.
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
Related ICD10 Codes
(enter links to ICD10 codes that would likely go with this CCI procedure, but only in case of close relation, ie not every dx that might require this procedure)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|