From CCMDB Wiki
|CCI component 2 codes - what was done|
|CCI 2 code:||74|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect each|
- Refers to a procedure to stabilize or fix a body part.
- Internal fixation: A surgical procedure that stabilizes and joins the ends of fractured (broken) bones by mechanical devices such as metal plates, pins, rods, wires or screws. Internal fixation is as opposed to external fixation of a fracture by a splint or cast.
- External fixation: casts, back slabs, walking casts, splints, and/or slings, e.g. back slab applied for broken metatarsal bones:
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- If they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times as Px Count for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1=== Fusion vs Fixation ===
- The subtlety here is to distinguish it from Fusion of a body part which is also used to stabilize things -- so if the way the stabilization was done was by fusing 2 similar and adjacent body parts together (e.g. fusion of 2 or more spinal bones), then use Fusion instead of Fixation.
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
Related ICD10 Codes
(enter links to ICD10 codes that would likely go with this CCI procedure, but only in case of close relation, ie not every dx that might require this procedure)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|