Medical Assistance In Dying
|Dx:||Medical Assistance In Dying|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Medical Assistance In Dying (old)|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
Medical Assistance In Dying (MAID) is a program that allows terminally ill patients to access the assistance of a physician to control the time and circumstances of their death. See links under #Program Details for more info.
Collection Instructions for MAID
- Code this for patients who are admitted to your ward/unit and either:
- receive this assistance on the ward/unit
- receive this assistance during the same admission at your institution but was moved to a separate location (eg. a procedure room/area) for the purpose of receiving MAID
- Do not code this if the patient simply has a MAID consult, even if they agree to have MAID in the near future. Code it only once the assistance has been provided.
- Do not code this in a record if the patient was transferred to a different institution to undergo MAID -- instead it should be coded at that other institution.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check ICD10 dx implying death must have appropriate dispo||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query NCD dx implying death across encounters||Centralized data front end.accdb||implemented|