Mortality and readmission report
From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Mortality and Re-admission report - Medicine Program
This report is requested by Medicine Standard Committee for audit/chart review purposes since 2006 and provided on a quarterly basis.
- This is a report containing list of patients who died in Medicine wards and list of patients discharged from Medicine wards and have been readmitted back to the Medicine wards within 7 days after discharge to the hospital .
- The Mortality Report contains mortality rates for each hospital and medicine ward and the list of patients who expired in the ward, their admission and discharge dates and the primary reason for admission in the ward.
- Mortality rate is calculated as number of mortality divided by total discharges.
- The Readmission Report contains readmission rates for each hospital and medicine ward and the list of patients who were readmitted to the ward, their admission and discharge dates, their re-admission date, re-admitted site and re-admitted ward and the primary reason for re-admission.
- The Readmission rate of live ward discharges is within 7 days after prior hospital discharge excluding discharges that are AMA
- Readmission rate is calculated as the number of readmissions divided by the number of alive discharges on that given period.
- Readmission is accounted to the site and ward the patient was previously discharged.
- Contact person receiving the report : Dr. Elizabeth Salamon