Service tmp entry
|Program:||CC and Med|
This data encodes which service is taking care of a patient. See Definition of a Critical Care Laptop Admission / Definition of a Medicine Laptop Admission for info on when a new profile should be started.
Data Collection Instructions
How to enter this
Add an additional entry for service only if the service changes during their stay.
- Use tmp fields:
- project: Service
- item: no service entered is added by default to each new profile entered
- select the appropriate service from the dropdown list
DtTm to use
- Edit the Service Start DtTm in the Patient Viewer Tab Cognos ADT2
- value is initially entered in CSS as per Using Cognos2 to keep track of patients
- once patient is discharged, set as per Definition of a Critical Care Laptop Admission or Definition of a Medicine Laptop Admission; except if within 30 min of time in Cognos, use Cognos time
See Definition_of_a_Critical_Care_Laptop_Admission#From_Code_Blue for when a profile should start in case of a code blue.
Specifically for STB Critical Care
Special rules apply to STB CICU Admissions start at Arrive DtTm
- at StB, the Service tmp date and time for ICU patients coming from ER is taken from the orders. If the time is written after the patient has already arrived to the ICU, the Service tmp date and time is the same time as the Boarding Loc time
- if the patient is coming from the Cath Lab, or the OR, the time is obtained from the ICU flowsheet
For patients who have been accepted from another hospital but have a wait time in ER (who used to be called Direct Admissions/Parked in ER), use the Visit Admit DtTm shown in Patient Viewer Tab Cognos ADT2. You can use the "VA" button to fill it in.
Which service to use when several are listed for the same timeframe
Use what you know to be correct from chart and your knowledge of your hospital.
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
This data is used to facilitate Using Cognos2 to keep track of patients.
Legacy / Background
This isn't so much a project as a change to Service/Location collection to allow us to collect more than one Service/Location per patient-program-stay. See Change from Service Location to Service, Boarding Loc and Transfer Ready DtTm tmp entry for why we needed to change to this. We initially planned to change to a single profile per program collection mode, but then gradually reverted to a single profile per service for all critical care profiles.