Service tmp entry
|Program:||CC and Med|
This data encodes which service is taking care of a patient. See Definition of a Critical Care Laptop Admission / Definition of a Medicine Laptop Admission for info on when a new profile should be started.
Data Collection Instructions
How to enter this
Add an additional entry for service only if the service changes during their stay.
- Use tmp fields:
- project: Service
- item: no service entered is added by default to each new profile entered
- select the appropriate service from the dropdown list
DtTm to use
- date: Service Start DtTm date as per collector best estimate
- time: Service Start DtTm time as per collector best estimate; if within 30 min of time in Cognos, use Cognos time
- Exception: first Service Start DtTm must be the same as Accept DtTm, if that field is required to be filled for this profile
- Exception: #First Service tmp entry and the first Boarding Loc should be the same
- set as per Definition of a Critical Care Laptop Admission or Definition of a Medicine Laptop Admission
- Enter the Service Start DtTm in the Patient Viewer Tab Cognos ADT2; you can click on this DtTm to automatically populate it into the Accept_DtTm field
DtTm for first Service tmp entry and first Boarding Loc should be the same
The first Service tmp entry and the first Boarding Loc should use the same time. Follow the instruction for the first Boarding Loc DtTm and then set its DtTm to be the same as the first Service tmp entry DtTm.
- As of April 2021, the initial Boarding Loc date/time should be identical to the first Service tmp entry date/time
- Previously this wasn't always the case, and it's an issue because if you just copy over the locations from COGNOS, the date that comes along with it will NOT generally be the correct timing for when our service (ICU or Medicine) took over care.
- This really comes up in 2 main situations: (i) ICU or Medicine takes over care in ED, or (ii) ICU takes over care of a ward patient while she/he is still physically on the ward.
See Definition_of_a_Critical_Care_Laptop_Admission#From_Code_Blue for when a profile should start in case of a code blue.
Specifically for STB Critical Care
- at StB, the Service tmp date and time for ICU patients coming from ER is taken from the orders. If the time is written after the patient has already arrived to the ICU, the Service tmp date and time is the same time as the Boarding Loc time
- if the patient is coming from the Cath Lab, or the OR, the time is obtained from the ICU flowsheet
Item - Special instruction for HSC Critical Care
HSC Critical Care services (except "HSC Critical Care / Intermediate", which is entered as is) should be entered as "HSC Critical Care - MICU", "HSC Critical Care - SICU".
For HSC MICU, COGNOS generally lists the service as Critical Care Medicine, on occasion other services will be listed eg. Critical Care internal medicine A, or Critical care Respiratory etc but this is usually followed by a second entry that is Critical Care Medicine. These should be changed to HSC Critical Care-MICU.
For HSC SICU, COGNOS generally lists the service as "Critical Care" followed by a surgical service, for eg. Critical Care Acute Care Trauma, Critical Care Neurosurgery, Critical Care Thoracic Surgery, Critical Care Orthopedics etc. These should be changed to HSC Critical Care - SICU.
There are a few services that can be mapped to either HSC Critical Care MICU or HSC Critical Care SICU
- HSC Critical Care / Adult General
- HSC Critical Care / Amputee
- HSC Critical Care / General
- HSC Critical Care / Intensive Care
- HSC Critical Care / Obstetrics
- HSC Critical Care / Oncology
These will require further investigation by reading through the chart or EPR documents before you make the decision to map it to HSC Critical Care-MICU or HSC Critical Care-SICU
For patients who have been accepted from another hospital but have a wait time in ER (who used to be called Direct Admissions/Parked in ER), use the Visit Admit DtTm shown in Patient Viewer Tab Cognos ADT2.
Which service to use when several are listed for the same timeframe
Occasionally Cognos may list several services with the same dttm. See Process for bad data in Cognos.
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check minimal data set incomplete||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query s tmp apostrophe in comment||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check tmp service or location duplicate||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check tmp service and program consistency||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check tmp Service and Boarding Loc during admission timeframe||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check CCI TISS NrDays GT LOS||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check CCI TISS NrDays LT LOS||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check tmp Boarding Loc Service first same||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check has service entry||CCMDB.accdb||needs review|
|Query check CCI vs LOS count days||CCMDB.accdb||ready to implement|
This data is used to facilitate Using Cognos2 to keep track of patients.
Legacy / Background
This isn't so much a project as a change to Service/Location collection to allow us to collect more than one Service/Location per patient-program-stay. See Change from Service Location to Service, Boarding Loc and Transfer Ready DtTm tmp entry for why we needed to change to this. We initially planned to change to a single profile per program collection mode, but then gradually reverted to a single profile per service for all critical care profiles.