Service tmp entry
|Program:||CC and Med|
This isn't so much a project as a change to Service/Location collection to allow us to collect more than one Service/Location per patient-program-stay. See Change from Service Location to Service, Boarding Loc and Transfer Ready DtTm tmp entry for why we needed to change to this.
Data Collection Instructions
How to enter this
- Use tmp fields:
- project: Service
- item: no service entered is added by default to each new patient entered
- select the appropriate service from the dropdown list
- date: Service Start DtTm date as per Cognos EPR Report
- time: Service Start DtTm time as per Cognos EPR Report
- for pts coming from ER this dttm will be the same as Accept DtTm, but we want it for non-ER pts as well
- the first Service Start DtTm must be the same as admission date and time either Accept DtTm or Arrive DtTm as per Definition of a Critical Care Laptop Admission or Definition of a Medicine Laptop Admission.
- the Service may start after the first Boarding Loc, since a patient may well already be in a location when a service takes over ( see Boarding_Loc#Why_do_we_use_the_actual_unit_start_dttm_rather_than_the_time_they_became_our_pt_on_a_unit for more info)
Add a new entry for service only if the service changes during their stay.
Special instruction for HSC Critical Care
There are two extra options "HSC Critical Care - MICU" and "HSC Critical Care - SICU" that should be used...
Which service to use when several are listed for the same timeframe
Occasionally Cognos may list several services with the same dttm. See Process for bad data in Cognos.
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
|Query check CCI TISS NrDays GT LOS||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query s tmp apostrophe in comment||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check CCI TISS NrDays LT LOS||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check tmp service or location duplicate||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check tmp service and program consistency||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check has service entry||CCMDB.accdb||needs review|
|Query check tmp Service and Boarding Loc during admission timeframe||CCMDB.accdb||needs review|
Critical care and Medicine programs want to know this to better understand patient flow and bed utilization.