Accept DtTm field
|Data Element (edit)|
|Field Name:||Accept DtTm|
|CCMDB Label:||Accept DtTm|
|CCMDB tab:||not stated|
|Program:||Med and CC|
The date and time when the patient is accepted from the ER department ONLY.
Only for patients admitted from your own ER department enter the date/time that the service physician accepted the patient, leave blank for all others.
- If the pt is previous location EMIP, Julie still wants the accept dttm for these patients. --LKolesar 12:35, 2017 May 31 (CDT)
- If there is no clear record of the accept date/time, leave the Accept DtTm field blank and check Accept DtTm missing field check box.
- If there is an accept date but no time documented, entered the Accept Date, and enter the time as: 00:00
- If the Accept DtTm > Arrive DtTm, make accept = arrive
For patients who have been accepted from another hospital but have a wait time in ER (who used to be called Direct Admissions/Parked in ER), use the triage date and time for the Accept Date and Time as it is clearly marked on the triage sheet. The Visit Date and Time (found in EPR) may actually be later than the accept date and time, so don't use it as your Accept DtTm.
Possible documentation locations
- admission/separation registers
- if from the ER - in EPR use: triage DtTm.
- Accept Date & Time are found under the orders tab, Transfers/Care Directives. You will see an "admit to inpatient order".
- use the date and time from the "accepted to service" on the EPR orders. i.e. in the epr, click on orders, then highlight the order that says "admit to inpatient-medicine-medical service". Right click on that order. Scroll down to view, then across to history, then across to status. Click on status. Use the date and time as listed in the top "new" order. This is the date and time the patient is accepted to medical service.
- Physician Order sheet
- the IPN (integrated progress note) which is a hand written admission note by the nurse. We at HSC in medicine use this.--CMarks 08:10, 26 January 2012 (CST)
- consult sheet
- history and physical
When does collection start?
- medicine program: to monitor delays to move patient from ER to Med ward bed
- as of July 2016 onward - ICU same purpose
Accept DtTm is used as part of the formula to calculate delay in the transfer of patient from ER bed to Med ward or ICU bed - see ER Delay. This measures the amount of time for the patient already accepted in Medicine or Critical Care service but still using the ER bed and resources.
Data Integrity Checks
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
|Function Dispo Chronological()||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
|Check AcceptDtTm entered or missing checked||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
|Query check ER Delay not too big||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
- 2017_January: also enter lines in TMP for all AcceptDateSources.
- The source for gathering the accept date/time may vary from site to site see #Possible documentation locations
- This field is part of the 2016 Time and Place changes.
- For medicine this concept is related to admit date and time (when pt is from ER). It does not simply replace the field, so this value still needs to be entered for patients not from ER. Resp. field L_Log.R_AdmDate and L_Log.R_AdmTime
- For critical care this concept is related to Service Sending to ICU. (There is no comparable field in ICU for this in the old system).