Accept DtTm field
|Data Element (edit)|
|Field Name:||Accept DtTm|
|CCMDB Label:||Accept DtTm|
|CCMDB tab:||not stated|
|Program:||Med and CC|
The date and time when the patient is accepted from the ER department ONLY.
Only for patients admitted from your own hospital's ER department enter the date/time that the service physician accepted the patient, leave blank for all others.
- For admissions arriving via the ER the Accept DtTm is found on the lower right side of each patient's record in Transfer Register
- If the Previous Location for a critical care patient is EMIP, we want the Accept DtTm entered as well
- If there is no clear record of the accept date/time, leave the Accept DtTm field blank and check Accept DtTm missing field check box.
- If there is an accept date but no time documented, entered the Accept Date, and enter the time as: 00:00
- If the Accept DtTm > Arrive DtTm, make accept = arrive
For patients who have been accepted from another hospital but have a wait time in ER (who used to be called Direct Admissions/Parked in ER), use the visit ID date and time for the Accept DtTm field as it is clearly marked in the EPR.
Source (everyone to use SAME source)
- (STB to no longer get this info from Orders ).--Trish Ostryzniuk 16:36, 2020 May 14 (CDT)
When does collection start?
- Definition of a Critical Care Laptop Admission
- Definition of a Medicine Laptop Admission
- The date in Transfer Register is actually the inpatient admit dtm; this should be similar to an accept dtm, but it might be relevant to be aware. Cognos Report Integrator was changed 2020-07-28 to generate a field Accept DtTm Equiv which it only populates if the patient is from ER, since clearly the Service Start DtTm we had been getting from Cognos as well is a different date stamp. Hopefully we will now the the same date from Cognos as from EPR, but we may have to adjust what we think that date means. Ttenbergen 15:58, 2020 July 28 (CDT)
Don't think that's used any more, but need to check to be sure before deleting it.
- medicine program: to monitor delays to move patient from ER to Med ward bed
- as of July 2016 onward - ICU same purpose
Accept DtTm is used as part of the formula to calculate delay in the transfer of patient from ER bed to Med ward or ICU bed - see ER Delay. This measures the amount of time for the patient already accepted in Medicine or Critical Care service but still using the ER bed and resources.
Data Integrity Checks
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
|Query check ICD10 date||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Check AcceptDtTm entered or missing checked||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Function Dispo Chronological()||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check CCI Date||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check ER Delay not too big||CCMDB.accdb||needs review|
- 2017_January: also enter lines in TMP for all AcceptDateSources.
- The source for gathering the accept date/time may vary from site to site see #Possible documentation locations
- This field is part of the 2016 Time and Place changes.
- For medicine this concept is related to admit date and time (when pt is from ER). It does not simply replace the field, so this value still needs to be entered for patients not from ER. Resp. field L_Log.R_AdmDate and L_Log.R_AdmTime
- For critical care this concept is related to Service Sending to ICU. (There is no comparable field in ICU for this in the old system).