|Dx:||Movement disorder, NOS|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Neurological Problem Other|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- The term "movement disorders" refers to a group of nervous system (neurological) conditions that cause abnormal increased movements, which may be voluntary or involuntary. Movement disorders can also cause reduced or slow movements.
- Common types of movement disorders include
- Dystonia. This condition involves sustained involuntary muscle contractions with twisting, repetitive movements. Dystonia may affect the entire body (generalized dystonia) or one part of the body (focal dystonia).
- Multiple system atrophy. This uncommon, progressive neurological disorder affects many brain systems. Multiple system atrophy causes a movement disorder, such as ataxia or parkinsonism. It can also cause low blood pressure and impaired bladder function.
- Progressive supranuclear palsy. This is a rare neurological disorder that causes problems with walking, balance and eye movements. It may resemble Parkinson's disease but is a distinct condition.
- Tardive dyskinesia. This neurological condition is caused by long-term use of certain drugs used to treat psychiatric conditions (neuroleptic drugs). Tardive dyskinesia causes repetitive and involuntary movements such as grimacing, eye blinking and other movements.
- Tourette syndrome. This is a neurological condition that starts between childhood and teenage years and is associated with repetitive movements (motor tics) and vocal sounds (vocal tics).
- Stiff Person Syndrome also called stiff man syndrome
- choreiform movement disorder
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Dissociative disorder (conversion disorder)
- Restless legs syndrome
- Drug-induced dystonic reaction/dystonia
- Huntington's disease/chorea
- Parkinson's disease
- Secondary Parkinsonism
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- Ataxia (lack of coordination)
- Essential (primary) tremor
- Disorder of copper metabolism
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)