QA Infection CLI
|Requestor:||Critical Care QI Team|
Data Collection Instructions
For all ICU patients:
- If a patient
- develops a Complication of Central Line Infection while in your unit
- the CLR-BSI is newly acquired on your unit and not already reported at different unit
- there is a positive culture (no positive culture, don't code)
- Contact QI Officer & Local Manager. Use the "generate email" button- include date of CLI.
- make the following entry in tmp:
- Project: QAInf
- Item: Central Line Infection
- date_var: date (no time) positive blood culture was sent to micro lab.
Don't use TMP as notes
Please do not enter this TMP until you have actually confirmed a DX of CLI exists. Use the Notes field on you laptop as a reminder if needed.
Patient from other ICU with Central Line and possibly CLI
If Patient already has a CLR-BSI present on admission to your unit:
- in the admitting diagnosis field, enter Central Line Infection.
- do not enter into Tmp project.
- if the patient is from another ICU in the city, email the collector at that site to check if CLR_BSI was captured as a complication at that site.
The denominator used to calculate CLBSI rate are the total patient days with central lines in the Central Line Tracking project before 2013 and the Central Venous Catheter at 2300 (TISS Item) from 2013 to present.
for which ICU do we report the CLI?
If the QA Infection CLI entry indicates a lab within 48 hours of arriving at a second (or more) ICU, it is reported for the previous ICU. If the sample is more than 48 hours after admission, or within 48 hours of discharge from an ICU to a ward, we report it for that ICU
- Reported in Director/Manager quarterly reports.
- Is that the Quarterly report? Ttenbergen 20:47, 2018 August 6 (CDT)
- separate report to Infection Control (Myrna Dyck), STB and Oaks.
- August 2018 stopped sending separate report for CLI and VAP for Myra Dyck, infection control.
- Start Date: Saturday August 22, 2009
- End Date: NONE - Continued project with the CCVSM cross Canada Collaborative--TOstryzniuk 16:53, 4 October 2010 (CDT)
See QA Infection
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
|Query s tmp QAInf basic||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
|Query s tmp apostrophe in comment||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
|Query s tmp QAInf LT 48 hrs after admit||CCMDB.mdb||needs review|
|Query s tmp QAInf dx no tmp||CCMDB.mdb||needs review|
|Query s tmp QAInf tmp no dx||CCMDB.mdb||ready to implement|
|NDC CLI No AcqDX but CLI DateinTMPV2||Centralized data front end.accdb||implemented|
|NDC CLI AcqDX but NoCLI DateinTMPV2||Centralized data front end.accdb||implemented|
|NDC CLI unacceptable date||Centralized data front end.accdb||needs review|