Central Line Tracking
From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Legacy ContentThis page contains Legacy Content.
- Explanation: Was moved into Category:TISS28
- Successor: T46 - Central Venous Catheter at 2300 (TISS Item)
Click Expand to show legacy content.
- 1 Legacy Content
- 2 Data Use
- 3 Project and Start Dates in ICU's in the Region
- 4 Form Stop Date
- 5 Project Stop Date
- 6 Process to obtain information using Form until May 6, 2013
- 7 Process to obtain information using TISS starting Jan 1, 2013
- 8 Arrives with Central Line
- 9 LEGACY TISS76 items that refer to central line
- 10 Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
- 11 Related articles
- data is used by statistician to submit to CCVSM (Critical Care Vital Signs Monitoring)-which is a cross Canada ICU collaborative and to the Critical Care Program in the Quarterly report and Annual report.
Project and Start Dates in ICU's in the Region
|Hosp||Central Line_start date||Unit|
Form Stop Date
- Stopped form May 6.13.Trish Ostryzniuk 18:20, 2013 May 9 (EDT). No longer be using central line and ETT forms faxed in by CRN's.Trish Ostryzniuk 18:19, 2013 May 9 (EDT)
Project Stop Date
No stop date for project. Patients with central lines will be gathered from TISS28 starting Jan 1.13.
Process to obtain information using Form until May 6, 2013
- information is collected by the CRN/charge nurse at each of the ICU's in the city. Data must be collected at the same time each day.
- counts the number of patients with central lines per day.
- form is faxed to our office once per week. Original kept in CRN office at site. Data Processor has a contact person at each site she must call if forms are not received by Wednesday each week.
- Data Processor manually enters counts into an ACCESS database on our share point on "X":.
- NAME: CentralLineswithETtube.mdb
- LOCATION: X:\CCMDB_Special_Projects\Central_Line_Infections_ETube\DATA_ENTRY_LineCounts_ETube\CentralLineswithETtube.mdb
Process to obtain information using TISS starting Jan 1, 2013
- Count the number of patients with a Central Line in place at 2300 hrs. The Statistician uses Central Venous Catheter at 2300 (TISS Item)? --Trish Ostryzniuk 19:26, 2013 May 14 (EDT)
- A patient with two or more Central Lines in place at the time of the count is counted as one patient with a Central Line on that day.
- Count the total number of patients who are in the ICU each day at the time of the line counts. Statistician using Registry Data to obtain admit date and time closet to 2300 hrs?--Trish Ostryzniuk 19:26, 2013 May 14 (EDT)
Arrives with Central Line
- If a patient is admitted to the ICU with a central line in place, is it counted in the central line days
LEGACY TISS76 items that refer to central line
No all central line are collected on TISS only these:
- T12 - TISS76-Cardiovascular
- T43 - TISS76-Gastrointestinal
- T53, T54, T55 - TISS76-Genitourinary
- T71 - TISS76-Meds IVs
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)