||Angiogram, cerebral (including vertebral arteries)
|CCI Picklist code:
|CCI Collection Mode:
||CCI collect each
This procedure is a part of CCI Collection via CCI Picklist.
- This is for formal DIAGNOSTIC angiogram done by invasive radiology in the angio suite.
- A CT angiogram, or MRI angiogram is not included in this code.
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- If they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times as Px Count for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1
Code only if done by Radiology or Cardiology
- Code diagnostic imaging procedures only if performed by Radiology or Cardiology for which there is an order.
- Examples: a bedside echo done by a cardiology tech should be coded, but a bedside echo done by the ICU fellow should not be coded. An echo done informally by the cardiology team (i.e. informal in that no actual order was put in for it) should not be coded.
Multiple Views or Sequences at one sitting
- When a single imaging modality is used to look at a single body segment, then this is counted as ONE imaging study, even if during that study there are multiple views, or sequences, etc.
- e.g. if a AXR (abdominal plain X-ray) or CXR (plain film) film comprises multiple views/films done at one sitting, only count it as ONE.
- e.g. if an MRI is done and several different sequences are done of the same body part, that counts as ONE.
- e.g. if a cardiac echo is done and they do both 2-D, M-mode, Doppler, and contrast-enhanced, this counts as ONE.
- these examples hold for all types of imaging procedures, as long as they're of the same body part.
Guideline about Coding CCI vs ICD10 imaging codes
- There are a set of "imaging codes" in ICD10, but these are not to code that an imaging test was performed, but to code that a result was abnormal --- and like all the ICD10 codes for abnormal symptoms or signs or test results, they are mainly to be used when the actual diagnosis CAUSING the abnormal findings is not known.
ICD10 Imaging diagnoses and other diagnoses that require imaging should be coded together with corresponding Imaging Pxs, where we have a code for them.
Coding both is not redundant because the ICD10 will only be coded for abnormal results, and we don't have CCI coding options for every kind of imaging. Coding both as appropriate will cover all the ways we are interested in this data.
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
|Other procedure in angiogram:
|Other procedure in Imaging Procedure:
Related ICD10 Codes
- Angiogram (← links)
- CCI Collection (← links)
- CCMDB.mdb Change Log 2018 (← links)
- Imaging Px (← links)
- CCI Category (← links)
- CCI Picklist (← links)
- Angiogram, artery NOS (except specifically coded) (← links)
- Cardiac CT or Cardiac CT angiogram (with or without coronary arteries) (← links)
- CT of chest with PE protocol (CT angiogram of pulmonary vessels) (← links)
- CXR (plain film) (← links)
- Angiogram, aortic (any part of aorta) (← links)
- AXR (abdominal plain X-ray) (← links)
- Angiogram, coronary (diagnostic cardiac catheterization) (← links)
- Angiogram, vein (← links)
- Angiogram, pulmonary artery (pulmonary arteriogram) (← links)
- (T) Nose (← links)
- (T) External Ear (← links)
- (T) Total Body (← links)
- (T) Lip (← links)
- (T) Trachea (← links)
- (T) Coronary Arteries (← links)
- (T) Eye, NOS (← links)
- (T) Vertebral Bones (← links)
- (I) Neck (← links)
- (T) Interatrial Septum (← links)
- (D) Adrenal Gland (← links)
- (D) Thyroid Gland (← links)
- (T) Tympanic Membrane (← links)
- (I) Arm (← links)
- (D) Paranasal Sinuses (← links)
- (T) Other Vessels of Head, Neck, Spine, NOS (← links)
- (D) Anus, Rectum (← links)
- (D) Arm Vessels (← links)
- (D) Nasopharynx, Mouth, Oropharynx (← links)
- (T) Soft Tissue of Orbit, Eyeball (← links)
- (D) Skin, NOS (← links)
- (T) Nasopharynx, Mouth, Oropharynx (← links)
- (I) Total Body (← links)
- (D) Intrathoracic Lymph Nodes, NOS (← links)
- (T) Thoracic Aorta (← links)
- (D) Nose (← links)
- (T) Pulmonic Valve, Related Structures (← links)
- (D) Spinal Cord, Spinal Canal (← links)
- (T) Retina (← links)
- (T) Arm, NOS (← links)
- (T) Thyroid Gland (← links)
- (T) Lens (← links)
- (D) Parathyroid Glands (← links)
- (T) Nerves of Ear (← links)
- (D) Intraabdominal, Pelvic, Inguinal Lymph Nodes (← links)