Disorder of stomach or duodenum, NOS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Disorder of stomach or duodenum, NOS|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Other GI/GYNE problems|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Congestive gastropathy
- superior mesenteric artery syndrome
Ischemic gut guideline
There are separate codes for different parts of the ischemic gut:
- The following 3 items refer to ischemia of the intestines, including small bowel (including duodenem), or colon, rectum, anus
- For ischemia of the stomach -- use Disorder of stomach or duodenum, NOS
- For ischemia of the liver -- use Disorder of liver, NOS
- For ischemia of the esophagus --- use Disorder of esophagus, NOS
- Thus, these various codes variously cover the following concepts:
- "ischemic bowel"
- "ischemic gut"
- "mesenteric arterial thrombosis, embolism or thromboembolism"
- "mesenteric vein thrombosis, embolism or thromboembolism"
- "mesenteric arterial atherosclerosis"
- But these codes do NOT include:
- The cause of that ischemia/infarction. As usual, if the cause is known, link the code for the cause to the relevant code as above for the ischemia, e.g: Atherosclerosis of arteries, NOS, Thrombosis or embolism of artery, NOS, Septic Thrombosis or Embolism, NOS, Disorder of artery/arteries, NOS
- GI arterial disorders in the absence of mesenteric ischemia/infarction.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Stomach, benign neoplasm
- Fistula involving stomach or duodenum
- Angiodysplasia of stomach or duodenum, with hemorrhage
- Angiodysplasia of stomach or duodenum, without hemorrhage
- Dieulafoy's lesion of stomach or duodenum, with hemorrhage
- Duodenum, obstruction
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)