Disorder of liver, NOS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Disorder of liver, NOS|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||none assigned|
|Charlson/ALERT Scale:||Mild liver disease|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Also code, if present
- chronic inflammatory liver problem not viral, or toxin/drug, - instead, use Liver disease/hepatitis, chronic NOS.
- see also Hepatitis, autoimmune and Hepatitis, alcoholic
- hepatitis nyd (if not part of excluded)
- This code is mainly for types/causes of liver disease which are not covered by other, more specific codes.
- If present, code a Category:Liver failure code separately.
- See Liver failure w/wo hepatic encephalopathy, acute or subacute NOS for coding of shock liver.
- When shock liver IS accompanied by liver failure, then code it as the combination of Liver failure w/wo hepatic encephalopathy, acute or subacute NOS PLUS the type of shock present
- When it is NOT accompanied by liver failure, then code shock liver as the combination of Disorder of liver, NOS PLUS the type of shock present
Ischemic gut guideline
There are separate codes for different parts of the ischemic gut:
- The following 3 items refer to ischemia of the intestines, including small bowel (including duodenem), or colon, rectum, anus
- For ischemia of the stomach -- use Disorder of stomach or duodenum, NOS
- For ischemia of the liver -- use Disorder of liver, NOS
- For ischemia of the esophagus --- use Disorder of esophagus, NOS
- Thus, these various codes variously cover the following concepts:
- "ischemic bowel"
- "ischemic gut"
- "mesenteric arterial thrombosis, embolism or thromboembolism"
- "mesenteric vein thrombosis, embolism or thromboembolism"
- "mesenteric arterial atherosclerosis"
- But these codes do NOT include:
- The cause of that ischemia/infarction. As usual, if the cause is known, link the code for the cause to the relevant code as above for the ischemia, e.g: Atherosclerosis of arteries, NOS, Thrombosis or embolism of artery, NOS, Septic Thrombosis or Embolism, NOS, Disorder of artery/arteries, NOS
- GI arterial disorders in the absence of mesenteric ischemia/infarction.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Infections in ICD10 have combined coding requirements for some of their pathogens. Any that have antibiotic resistances would store those as Combined ICD10 codes as well. If the infection is acquired in the hospital, see Nosocomial infection, NOS. See Lab and culture reports for confirmation and details about tests. See Infections in ICD10 for more general info.
Attribution of infections
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check ICD10 Inf Potential Infection must have pathogen or alt||CCMDB.accdb||declined|
|Query Check Inf Pathogens must have Infection requiring pathogen or Potential Infection||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
Show all ICD10 Subcategories