Fatty liver (hepatosteatosis)
|Dx:||Fatty liver (hepatosteatosis)|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Nonalcoholic Liver Disease|
|Charlson/ALERT Scale:||Mild liver disease|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is a condition in which fat builds up in the liver. With NASH there is inflammation and liver cell damage, along with fat in the liver.
- Excludes: Liver, nonalcoholic steatohepatosis (NASH)
- Includes: fatty liver from alcohol
- Also code, if present
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Liver, nonalcoholic steatohepatosis (NASH)
- Disorder of lipoprotein metabolism NOS
- Hyperlipidemia, any type
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
- Also code cause if known.
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)