Liver, chronic passive congestion, due to CHF
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dx:||Liver, chronic passive congestion, due to CHF|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Nonalcoholic Liver Disease|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- Also known as congestive hepatopathy, nutmeg liver, cardiac cirrhosis, or chronic passive congestion of the liver.
- This diagnosis is almost always made presumptively
- without liver biopsy
- and usualy without liver imaging -- which is of limited usefulness anyway, since while it's referred to as cardiac cirrhosis, unlike most other causes of liver cirrhosis, the liver size in this entity can be big or small or normal
- Since it takes a long time for such dysfunction to occur due to CHF, we don't really need to worry about the timeframe for "chronic"
- THUS use this code for someone who has liver dysfunction (of any degree) that is known or presumed to be due to heart failure.
- Congestive hepatopathy
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)