|CCI Picklist code:||7.SC.70.SA|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect first|
- This is a procedure code for a patient who is on any sort of infection isolation precautions.
- It includes any/all of the following kinds of isolation protocols:
- gloves only
- gloves and gown
- negative pressure room use
- reverse isolation
- cohorting the patient with other patients with the same pathogen
In the context of Colonized with organism (not infected)
If a patient is placed on Isolation, infectious on arrival only for the reason of pre existing MRSA (or other colonization), then code Admit Diagnosis Colonized with organism (not infected) and code the isolation as an Admit Procedure.
Isolation for Use of Cytotoxic Agents
- This is NOT included because such isolation (e.g. keeping pregnant nurses from caring for patients getting certain teratogenic medications) is not isolating the patient.
Collecting "CCI collect first" items
- "CCI collect first" items are entered the first time they happen
- Px Date
- if an Acquired Procedure, enter them with the Px Date of the first time they happen and Px Count of 1
- if an Admit Procedure leave the date blank and just enter the procedure and Px Count of 1
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
|Other procedure in Therapeutic Procedure:|
Related ICD10 Codes
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|