From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|CCI Picklist code:||7.SC.70.SA|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect first|
Code as Acquired Procedure
- While this can be an Admit Procedure or an Acquired Procedure, it usually will be coded as an Acquired Procedure. It's counter-intuitive, but review the documentation at Acquired Procedure/Admit Procedure and it should be clear why.
- It can, on occasion be coded as both an Admit Procedure and (later in the admission) as a separate Acquired Procedure.
- This is a procedure code for a patient who is on infection isolation precautions.
- The person does NOT have to turn out to have the condition for which isolation is indicated.
- Thus use it if a patient is put on isolation for TB, or COVID-19 even if they turn out NOT to have those infections.
- Can also use it for somebody put on isolation prophylactically, as is the case with reverse isolation.
- It includes any/all of the following kinds of isolation protocols:
- gloves only
- gloves and gown
- negative pressure room use
- reverse isolation -- i.e. a person at risk for getting infection (e.g. neutropenic after chemotherapy for cancer) is isolated to try and avoid them being exposed
- cohorting the patient with other patients with the same pathogen
In the context of Colonized with organism (not infected)
- This code could be either an Admit or Acquired procedure.
Do not use this code for isolation for Use of Cytotoxic Agents
- This is NOT included because such isolation (e.g. keeping pregnant nurses from caring for patients getting certain teratogenic medications) is not isolating the patient.
Collecting "CCI collect first" items
- "CCI collect first" items are entered the first time they happen
- Px Date
- if an Acquired Procedure, enter them with the Px Date of the first time they happen and Px Count of 1
- if an Admit Procedure leave the date blank and just enter the procedure and Px Count of 1
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
|Other procedure in Therapeutic Procedure:|
Related ICD10 Codes
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
Medicine report - need right link
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|