TISS28 Collection Guide
From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
See TISS Items SMW
- Items 1 to 45 (except 11 & 39) - mark if the activity occurred any time during that calender date
- Answer each item separately; don't worry about apparent conflicts or overlaps between items
- A calendar day starts at 0001 hrs and ends at 2400 hrs
Who fills out the TISS
- All shift - bedside nurses.
- If a patient is in the ICU a very short time, a TISS score is required to reflect nursing efforts during this time.
- Do not sent TISS form to the ward with the chart. Please hand it in to the Unit Clerk who will file it in the Research Forms binder at the front desk.
- Once a page of TISS is completed, hand in the completed form to the Unit Clerk and start a new form. Please do not staple together. The scanning of the forms are affected if stapled.
- TISS is to be done for a patients entire length of stay in ICU.
- If a patient is transferred to another ICU, do not sent the form to the other unit or hospital. A new form is started when patient admitted to your ICU.
- If a patient is transferred to another ICU in your center and the Service looking after the patient changes, then a new TISS form is required. E.G., a patient who goes from MICU under Medical Service and is transferred to SICU under Surgical service.
TISS Quality Control
- Data collectors will still be required to do quality control" of all TISS forms.
Staff to include in education
- Done by: Nurse Educator at each ICU site in Region.
When: Week of Dec 17.2012 onward. to include:
- current staff. Perm, PT & causal, nursing and unit clerks.
- New staff hired (should be part of orientation)
- ICU program - include in curriculum