From CCMDB WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||Rhythm Disturbance|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
If this happens repeatedly during the same ward or unit stay, only code it the first time it happens, rather than each time it happens. See ICD10 codes only coded the first time for other diagnoses coded this way.
- This code is for V-tach --- and it includes Torsades de Pointes, which is a specific form of V-tach
- Code it only if there is ECG (or rhythm strip) evidence for it's presence.
- i.e. if suspected but was not caught and thus demonstrated on ECG, then instead code Cardiac arrythmia, NOS
- It can be intermittent, or prolonged
- If it occurred during the admission, code it whether or not it is being treated.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)