STB Critical Care Collection Guide
This article contains information specific to STB Critical Care Units.
- See STB General Collection Guide for general STB information such as: links to EPR, Mail room, medical records. Information also in regards to obtaining hand sanitizer, wipes, printer paper for collection offices.
- See ICU Curriculum for general critical care info.
Please make sure you document information at the most general level that is applicable, i.e. don't code something that affects all collection at StB in the program or unit level articles.
- STB ICU Data Collectors work from from home and are on site once a week to do records and ward followups.
On-site presence of collectors
- each ICU collector will be on site 3 times weekly to complete profiles in Health Records & ICUs as required
- Health Records requests 5 business days notice for pulling your list
- use the MR generator within Access to email your list to Reggie Albis & Cindy Gauthier; cc supervisor Tianna Mohammed who will redirect the list as required
- STB Critical Care has a resource website maintained by our ICU Educators;
Relevant articles specific to STB Critical Care patients
There is no longer a requirement to notify the VAP Committee regarding a confirmed or potential VAP
- when a patient has met criteria for Iatrogenic, infection, central venous catheter-related bloodstream infection (CVC-BSI, CLI), there is no longer any need to inform any unit staff
- cardiac MRI, echos and angiograms can be found in the CCI picklist
- With the STB Electronic Patient Record we collect/count CCI/TISS entries as we are able when we review the record. Confirmation of entries is done on final review of the chart. Pharmacy is completed after final review of the chart.
Some heart attack patients go straight to the heart cath lab directly from EMS. See STEMI for collection instructions for such patients.
Cardiac Care patients
See STB Cardiac Care patients for information specific to the cardiac service care patients in the STB MICU/SICU unit.
Our cost number for supply ordering is 6766
St Boniface critical care collectors attend the STB VAP Committee when requested by the chair/co-chair. There is no longer any need to email the committee regarding a potential or confirmed VAP