Infectious disease NOS
|Dx:||Infectious disease NOS|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||none assigned|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- This is a wastebasket code to be used for a specific infectious disease for which there is no specific ICD10 code.
- Use it to cover disseminated infections, but combine the source with it, if known.
- There are 2 existing codes for specific types of septic emboli:
- But those 2 codes don't cover septic emboli that are not PEs, i.e. elsewhere -- to code those use Combined ICD10 codes with this code plus the appropriate code from Category:Venous thromboembolism/Category:Arterial thromboembolism.
- An individual with latent TB has a (+) skin or immunologic test for TB but no active organ involvement. It was agreed to code it as Infectious disease NOS with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M. TB)
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Infections in ICD10 have combined coding requirements for some of their pathogens. Any that have antibiotic resistances would store those as Combined ICD10 codes as well. If the infection is acquired in the hospital, see Nosocomial infection, NOS. See Lab and culture reports for confirmation and details about tests. See Infections in ICD10 for more general info.
Attribution of infections
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check ICD10 Inf Infection req Pathogen must have one||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query Check Inf Pathogens must have Infection requiring pathogen or Potential Infection||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|