Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||Aeromonas hydrophila, Corynebacterium jeikeium, Corynebacterium spp, Mixed bacteria, OTHER - Gram negative, Bacteria, NOS|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||none|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- This is a "wastebasket" code that includes all bacteria (Gram+ or Gram-) that have been speciated by the lab but where the specific organism is not on our list, ie there is no specific code.
- For example, it includes:
- all other Gram-negatives of family Enterobacteriaceae that are not included separately in the list of Pathogens. They are a large FAMILY of gram negative pathogens and not part of Enterobacter species. Enterobacter is a genus (group of species) that is just ONE of the family Enterobacteriaceae.
- all Corynebacterium spp (gram +ve)
- This code could also be used for infection with mixed bacteria that ARE believed to be true pathogens but have not (for some reason) been speciated.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
|Non-specific pathogens codes:|
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check ICD10 Inf Potential Infection must have pathogen or alt||CCMDB.accdb||declined|
|Check Inf Antibiotic resistance must have pathogen or Infection with implied pathogen||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Check Inf Infection with implied pathogen must not have a pathogen combined code||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check ICD10 Inf Infection req Pathogen must have one||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query Check Inf Pathogens must have Infection requiring pathogen or Potential Infection||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|