Neisseria gonorrhea (gonococcus)
|Dx:||Neisseria gonorrhea (gonococcus)|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||none assigned|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||2019-0: Neuro NOS|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
STD Coding Guidelines
- Coding of an STD involves combining a code for the infection, with the relevant pathogen.
- For the infection, choose a code indicating an infection of that body part
- e.g. for CNS syphilis would use: Encephalitis, meningoencephalitis, myelitis, encephalomyelitis, bacterial combined with the bug code
- e.g. for the "usual" cutaneous manifestation of many STDs, combine Sexually transmitted (venereal) infections, NOS with the bug code.
- Pathogen choices for STDs would include:
- The three major specific ones are:
- If it's not one of those 3, then other options for pathogen include:
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check ICD10 Inf Potential Infection must have pathogen or alt||CCMDB.accdb||declined|
|Check Inf Antibiotic resistance must have pathogen or Infection with implied pathogen||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Check Inf Infection with implied pathogen must not have a pathogen combined code||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check ICD10 Inf Infection req Pathogen must have one||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query Check Inf Pathogens must have Infection requiring pathogen or Potential Infection||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|