Query check minimal data set incomplete
|Data Integrity Checks|
|Summary:||makes sure the Minimal Data Set is collected before records can be sent.|
|Related:||Minimal Data Set, Serial number, Service/Location, First Name, Last Name, PHIN field, Chart number, Boarding Loc, Service tmp entry|
|Uses L Problem table:||not relevant for this app|
The implementation date is approximate based on Minimal Data Set.
Trying to send or clicking the "Pre-send checker" button triggers data integrity checks for the minimal data set. If there are errors you get a message "You have patients with an incomplete or wrong minimal data set." Click OK and the query listing the actual errors will open. For any line in the query at least one column other than Patient_ID would have "Problem" and the current content of the column in it; that column is the one where you have an error. The heading of the columns should be self-explanatory.
some problems being checked
- FirstName_bad - missing First Name
- LastName_bad - missing Last Name
- PHIN_bad - PHIN is present but not an acceptable PHIN
- chart_bad - chart is blank or has spaces or other non-numerical things in it
- ServiceLocn_bad - Service/Location not filled
- dispoDtTm_bad - Dispo DtTm GT today
- admDtTm_after_dispoDtTm - first Boarding Loc missing or after Dispo_DtTm
- DOB_bad - DOB is blank (other validation is done later)
- disdate_bad - if Dispo DtTm is present it can't be after today or before first Boarding Loc
- missing_first_boarding_loc: - no Boarding Loc entered
- missing_first_service - no Service tmp entry entered
- Board_Serv_time_blank - a Boarding Loc or Service tmp entry has a blank time
Check is done as part of module "tmp_checker" calling query "minimal_data_set_incomplete".
- 2022-05-31 - update to catch an empty Service/Location scenario not previously accounted for, ie the blank entry from s_dispo
- 2022-04-21 - removed any checks based on Accept and Arrived DtTm and old Transfer Ready DtTm field
- 2022-03-24 - updated to flag any blank times in Service tmp entry or Boarding Loc; if you have the entry there should be no reason to have the time blank - use what Cognos gives you and update it later if needed
- 2021-07-22 - added back and then removed again a cross check for Arrive DtTm - minimal can't check for this since pt might still be in ER and not have one; this should become resolved with Change to replace Accept DtTm with first Service tmp entry, and Arrive DtTm with first Boarding Loc
- 2021-06-17 - updated to include check for first Boarding Loc and first Service tmp entry
- 2021-01-28 - wasn't checking for DOB, fixed
- 2019-10-27 - will only check for RecordStatus complete or incomplete now
- 2019-04-28 - tweaked check for Chart to not give overflow error for very long chart numbers.