Minimal Data Set
The Minimal Data Set is the least amount of data that needs to be collected for a new patient when they are first added to the database. This data is sent every shift worked for all patients, not just those you are sending. This data needs to be entered for all newly admitted patients during every data collection shift. With the exception of special requests from the main office, it is more important to collect this data than to complete collection for existing patients, especially for incomplete files.
If you try to send with any of the Minimal Data Set Elements incomplete for any patient (even ones you are not sending), the CCMDB.accdb will give an "incomplete minimal data set" error and list the patient, and you will not be able to send any patients.
Minimal Data Set Elements-Primary
For all new patients at every shift enter the following from EPR:
- Serial number
- First Name
- Last Name
- hospital Chart number
- hospital Visit Admit DtTm
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- first Boarding Loc - start_dt and start_tm
- first Service tmp entry - start_dt and start_tm
- Postal Code should be included if available from Cognos but is known to sometimes change during the admission; we don't expect collectors to quality check this on incomplete records
- Previous Location should be entered if easily available from Cognos data, but is not required if it requires further data review
Reason why data is required for patients with RecordStatus incomplete
Data in the minimal data set is sent for all patients as soon as available, even before the patient's RecordStatus field is set to "complete". This allows us to include counts of longer-stay patients who have not yet been discharged in our statistics and reporting.
Data from patients who are not yet complete is used for the following:
- to generate occupancy statistics
- to monitor the number of outstanding patients
Minimal dataset information can be used for reporting; we will include a caveat that it is preliminary and not yet quality checked. We will not do additional cross checks to validate minimal dataset data on incomplete records.
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check minimal data set incomplete||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|