|Data Element (edit)|
|CCMDB Label:||Last Name|
|CCMDB tab:||Top Row|
|Table:||L_Log table, L_PHI table|
|Program:||Med and CC|
Last Name of patient
See also FirstName field.
Enter the patient name as in EPR.
Data Processing at main office
Name changes over time
If an inconsistency is found between old and current records,
- edit only if there is something incorrect, e.g. a typo
- use the value in the EPR for the correction
- we change the old entries to be consistent with the most current entry
Information about other names for the patient may be available in Alias ID collection.
See also: Crosschecking data with Manitoba Health
Minimal Data Set
This entry is part of the Minimal Data Set. Special collection instructions apply, see that page for more info.
L_PHI vs L_Log
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
|Check duplicate patient||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query check minimal data set incomplete||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Check function Validate Last name||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|PL Diff Phin SameLN FN DOB||Centralized data front end.accdb||implemented|
|PL SamePhin Diff LN FN DOB Sex||Centralized data front end.accdb||implemented|
Legacy ContentThis page contains Legacy Content.
- Explanation: we used to change names around for consistency but stopped doing this.
- Successor: use rules above
Click Expand to show legacy content.
We used to standardize names to make it easier to keep them consistent over time. We decided to stop using our own standards to facilitate comparison with Manitoba Health and similar data. 13:34, 2015 April 27 (CDT) It used to be:
- if a name changed we retained the original one and changed new encounters of the patient to the old one.
- for first names we decided not to use hyphens if there was more than one, and to preferably only have one first name used
- last names that use two names were hyphenated