|Dx:||Laryngitis or tracheitis, acute|
|Pre-ICD10 counterpart:||ENT infection - WITHOUT airway obstruction ( Laryngitis, Mono, Peritonsillar abscess etc), ENT infection - WITH airway obstruction ( Laryngitis, Mono, Peritonsillar abscess etc), Tracheobronchitis|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||2019-0: Respiratory Infection, 2019-0: Respiratory NOS|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- This code includes both infectious and noninfectious causes.
- If infectious, then also include the pathogen.
- includes vocal cord infections
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Trachea or bronchus (airways) NOS, wound/injury/trauma
- Trachea or larynx, stenosis or tracheomalacia
- Subglottic (tracheal) stenosis or tracheomalacia, iatrogenic
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Infections in ICD10 have combined coding requirements for some of their pathogens. Any that have antibiotic resistances would store those as Combined ICD10 codes as well. If the infection is acquired in the hospital, see Nosocomial infection, NOS. See Lab and culture reports for confirmation and details about tests. See Infections in ICD10 for more general info.
Attribution of infections
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check ICD10 Inf Potential Infection must have pathogen or alt||CCMDB.accdb||declined|
|Query Check Inf Pathogens must have Infection requiring pathogen or Potential Infection||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|