Right heart catheterization, in cardiac cath lab
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Procedure:||Right heart catheterization, in cardiac cath lab|
|CCI Picklist code:||2.HZ.28.GP-PL|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect each|
This procedure is a part of CCI Collection via CCI Picklist.
- This code is for a formal right heart catheterization done by cardiology in the cardiac cath lab -- for the purpose of measuring right-sided pressures and RV function.
- Note that this is different from Swan-Ganz (Pulmonary Artery Flotation) Catheter placement
Includes: right heart cath done for pressures and C.O.
Collecting "CCI collect each" items
- "CCI collect each" items are entered each time they happen
- Px Date
- if an Acquired Procedure, enter the Px Date for each day that they happen
- if an Admit Procedure leave the date blank
- Px Count
- if they happen more than once on a day, enter the number of times for that day, otherwise enter a Px Count of 1
Px Date for patients who move
See Px Date#Moves
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
Related ICD10 Codes
(enter links to ICD10 codes that would likely go with this CCI procedure, but only in case of close relation, ie not every dx that might require this procedure)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|