Jump to navigation Jump to search
|CCI Picklist code:||2.GV.52|
|CCI Collection Mode:||CCI collect first|
This procedure is a part of CCI Collection via CCI Picklist.
- This code is for a purely diagnostic thoracentesis.
- The therapeutic counterpart is Chest tube, left in place when left in place, and is the combination of (T) Pleura + Drainage, Evacuation otherwise.
- Code both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, if both were done at the same time, as per TASK meeting Dec 7, 2019.
Collecting "CCI collect first" items
- "CCI collect first" items are entered the first time they happen
- Px Date
- if an Acquired Procedure, enter them with the Px Date of the first time they happen
- if an Admit Procedure leave the date blank and just enter the procedure
- Px Count is always 1 for this collection mode
Px Date for patients who move
See Px Date#Moves
Alternate CCIs to consider coding instead or in addition
|Other procedure in Thorax:|
|Other procedure in Respiratory Px:|
Related ICD10 Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|CCI_Picklist||CCI component 1 codes - what organ was something done to||CCI component 2 codes - what was done|