Difference between revisions of "Task Team Meeting - Rolling Agenda and Minutes 2020"

From CCMDB Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
(Created page with "== List of items to bring to task meeting == Add to this by adding the following '''to the article where the problem is documented''': <pre>{{DiscussTask | explanation}}</pre>...")
(No difference)

Revision as of 08:49, 2020 January 16

List of items to bring to task meeting

Add to this by adding the following to the article where the problem is documented:

{{DiscussTask | explanation}}
 QuestionModification date"Modification date" is a predefined property that corresponds to the date of the last modification of a subject and is provided by Semantic MediaWiki.
Attribution of infections
  • Julie, the above question specifically affects some projects you work with as well - do you think unifying this rule will be a problem for any of them?
  • if there are specific rules already in place (e.g. VAP, CLI, etc.) we should follow them. Those which don't have perhaps those are the ones we can unify. --JMojica 14:51, 2020 March 20 (CDT)

  • What is the attribution rule for our program on MRSA colonization? For example if a patient comes from SOGH ICU to the Concordia and tests positive for MRSA in less than 24 hours I would attribute this colonization to the SOGH not the Concordia. Is that correct?
    • If we will have such a rule at all, could it be one that applies to infections in general and would therefore live in Template: ICD10 Guideline Infection. Also, we would want to make sure that "attribution" as a concept doesn't get muddled - if we search for that there are several hits, and we use other terms like "gets credit" elsewhere I believe. And in Lab and culture reports...
      • Allan confirmed that all the attributions should be the same and can be moved into that infection template. Ttenbergen 14:09, 2018 October 29 (CDT)

Does anyone think making this one rule for all will be a problem?

  • there may be others dx right now that my search for 48 did not find because maybe they use a 12 hr or 17 hour... rule. Collectors, can you think of any? Ttenbergen 15:38, 2020 March 25 (CDT)
17 June 2020 21:44:53
Bed borrowWouldn't "medicine borrows a ICU bed for Cardioversion" be a case of Bed holds instead of a borrow? Same for several others above...5 May 2020 21:53:27
CCI Volumes 2019There have been concerns about the volume of work generated by CCI entries. Since we had already reduced certain entries earlier in 2019, the numbers referenced here are only for pts admitted during the third quarter of 2019.4 December 2019 19:40:14
CCMDB.accdb Change Log 2020pop-up hints on Pharmacy screen - need to deal with, emailing ICU Task Team5 August 2020 19:33:32
Change to start collection at accept rather than arrive timePage to track required and completed tasks to move to collecting data from Accept DtTm. If and when any of these things are changed there would be further discussion and documentation.31 July 2020 02:45:06
Task Questions

Also see Task Team Meeting - Rolling Agenda and Minutes 2019

ICU Database Task Group Meeting – December 11, 2019

  • Present: Allan, Barret, Con, Joanna, Julie, Tina, Trish
  • Absent:
  • Minutes prepared by: AG
  • Action items in BOLD

1. Followup about working to reduce collector workload

  • Regarding obtaining CBS TraceLine for all transfusion data. Allan will follow up with Margaret Ring (margaret.ring@blood.ca) and Tony Loewen (anthony.loewen@blood.ca)
  • Regarding obtaining RIS data for radiology tests. Allan will follow up with RIS administrators (Angela Charbonneau 926-9874; Randy Roels 926-9871, rroels@sharedhealth.mb.ca).
  • Regarding obtaining automated ABG data at HSC and St. B:
    • Julie reported on direct comparison of ABG/VBG data from DSM vs. our collectors. Identification of individuals who got blood gases was 84% for VBG and 95% for ABG. Identification of the number of test was 82% for VBG and 92% for ABG. We agreed to move ahead now with obtaining these data (again, just for HSC and St. B; we will still get these data manually at Grace) from DSM.
  • Regarding consolidating some of the “what was done” components of CCI therapeutic interventions:

2. Followup on having the ICU nurses do all TISS coding --

  • We have top administrator agreement at HSC. Dan is working on getting similar meetings at St. B and Grace. Goal is to get their agreement and to then:
    • Begin having the nurses routinely and uniformly start doing all TISS sheets 1/1/2020.
    • For a couple of weeks to do audit by also having our data collectors do their own, separate TISS scoring ---> have Julie compare results ---> If adequate (>90% or so), then cease having our collectors do TISS, BUT to repeat such fidelity testing about 1 week every 6-12 months, indefinitely; see 2020 TISS audit

3. Followup on trying to get hospital-level data elements from EPR. Tina discovered that there is an application called Cognos which has capability to extract data elements from existing databases.

  • Allan left a message with Phil Jarman (926-8036) to pursue this further.
  • Tina has opened incident 3845870 and is working with Alex Omsen and Mike Ocko on getting this setup; see Cognos#Phone call with Mike Ocko

4. Follow up on how to code -- Allan will explore these:

  • Compartment syndrome other than abdominal -- it turns out that this is already included and explained in Muscle, ischemic infarction
  • Mesenteric vacular injuries
  • Diagnostic sampling of pericardial fluid or the pericardium -- to be discussed further at next Task meeting
    • for therapeutic pericardial drainage combine (T) Pericardium with Drainage, Evacuation
    • for diagnostic pericardiocentesis -- we currently do not have the components to create this item. We could add it as a picklist item, and indeed have a couple of choices:
      • we could call it "Diagnostic pericardiocentesis" with code 2.HA.52
      • or we could include both diagnostic fluid drainage AND diagnostic pericardial biopsy together, calling it "Diagnostic pericardial sampling (fluid or tissue)" with code 2.HA.13.

5. New issue of pulling in certain lab results as well as current counts.

  • The plan is to re-parse all DSM data from 1/1/2019, and to use this opportunity to pull in time/dates and results for specified tests.
    • Barret with help from Tina will generate a draft list of which tests to do this for, which we’ll discuss at the next Task meeting. It should include the tests needed to calculate APACHE 2. Care must be taken to balance usefulness with data storage issues.
  • As part of this, we will work so that the labs values that are part of APACHE 2 no longer need to be dealt with by the data collectors.

6. Item we didn't discuss yet -- unconfirmed diagnoses with priority 0. We'll discuss next time.

7. New items:

  • Barret raised the issue of CPEs = carbapenemase producing enterobacteraciae, and more generally the rising rate of carbapenem resistant bacteria. He suggested that in the list of resistant bacteria, we split out carapenem resistance as a separate category. Allan spoke to micro lab and ID personnel who also suggested tracking these separately. Thus a new code has been added Resistance to carbapenem antibiotics. Previously this was included in 82.8 Resistance to antimicrobials, antibiotic, resistance to other beta lactams; Allan has changed that Wiki page to remove it from there.
  • Allan will seek out how to code so-called autotransplantation of kidney --- turns out this is included in CCI, as 1.PC.83 which is "transfer" of kidney. We don't currently include "transfer" among the list of "what was done". So since this is a very rare procedure, to code it we should use 1.PC.94, i.e. combine therapeutic intervention on kidney with the what was done category of "NOS" (94).
  • Request for a code for bronchopleural fistula -- it turns out we had already decided on this, using the appropriate one of: Pneumothorax, traumatic OR Pneumothorax, tension, nontraumatic OR Pneumothorax, nontension, nontraumatic OR Pneumothorax, nontraumatic, NOS
    • IF, as is usually the case when these fistulas are spontaneous (rather than caused iatrogenically or by trauma), it is due to lung infection or abscess, then that code should also be combined with the appropriate one of these. And in this case also code Empyema (pyothorax) if present, combining it with the others.
  • Query about coding for the myraid of other fistulas out there -- Allan identified that there are separate codes for all of these when nontraumatic (J95.03 for T-E, K31.6 for stomach or duodenum, K60 for anorectal,, K63.2 for intestinal, K82.3 for gallbladder, M25.1 for joint, N32.2 for bladder, N82 for female genital tract, and other for less common ones (e.g. lacrimal duct)). What we have to decide is whether to include some or all of these additional codes, or just to code them in the appropriate "NOS" category. We'll discuss this at the next Task meeting.
  • Question was asked of how to code chronic subdural hematoma. It turns out that we previously dealt with this question at an earlier task meeting. ANSWER was that we already have I62 Subdural or epidural hematoma/hemorrhage, nontraumatic and that unless/until somebody specifically wants to distinguish these two related entities for a specific question/project, we will not subdivide them. Allan has added a note to that Wiki page saying so.
  • Question was asked of whether/how to code a flail chest resulting after rib fractures from CPR.
    • This is related to a prior question of how to code Rib fracture(s) due to CPR. We also already have a code for traumatic flail chest, i.e. Flail chest, injury/trauma. Given our general rule of NOT using trauma codes for iatrogenic injuries, Allan proposes here that when a flail chest occurs after CPR (which is rare) that we simply use Rib fracture(s) due to CPR. He has added this to the relevant Wiki pages.

Next meeting 1/2/2020 at 11am.