Gastrointestinal infection (gastroenteritis, colitis), bacterial, NOS
|Dx:||Gastrointestinal infection (gastroenteritis, colitis), bacterial, NOS|
|APACHE Como Component:||none|
|APACHE Acute Component:||2019-0: GI NOS|
|External ICD10 Documentation|
This diagnosis is a part of ICD10 collection.
- This is a wastebasket code that covers bacterial infection not more specifically included in another ICD10 code, that includes any/all parts of the luminal GI tract, i.e. esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, rectum, anus.
Alternate ICD10s to consider coding instead or in addition
- Typhoid fever or Paratyphoid fever (due to Salmonella typhi or Salmonella enterica)
- Salmonella enteritis
- Salmonella species
- Cholera (due to Vibrio cholerae)
- Shigellosis (dysentery due to Shigella species)
- Clostridium difficile infection (C. diff)
- Botulism (due to Clostridium botulinum toxin)
- Food poisoning (due to foodborne bacterial toxin), NOS
Candidate Combined ICD10 codes
Infections in ICD10 have combined coding requirements for some of their pathogens. Any that have antibiotic resistances would store those as Combined ICD10 codes as well. If the infection is acquired in the hospital, see Nosocomial infection, NOS. See Lab and culture reports for confirmation and details about tests. See Infections in ICD10 for more general info.
Attribution of infections
Related CCI Codes
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Query check ICD10 Inf Infection req Pathogen must have one||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
|Query Check Inf Pathogens must have Infection requiring pathogen or Potential Infection||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|