Pre acute living situation field
|Data Element (edit)|
|CCMDB Label:||Pre Acute Living Situation|
|Program:||Med and CC|
Info about the living situation of the patient prior to the current hospitalization.
Legacy implementation right in the table
For each patient,
- enter the following option that most closely matches:
- Personal Care Home
- House - also includes bungalow style condos (if specified)
- Chronic Health Facility
- Community Facility with support - includes Assisted Living, Supportive Housing, Group homes
- Prison / Jail / Correctional Institution
- other - known but not listed - if you know the situation but nothing on the list matches closely - for example Mobile homes/parks, rooming house, hotel
- location missing/unknown - if the situation is unknown
- legacy empty
Personal Care Home vs Chronic Health Facility
Some facilities such as a Chronic Health Facility offer different programs that correspond to different levels of care. Use your judgement and available information to decide what to code for Category:Awaiting/delayed transfer diagnoses and for Pre acute living situation field.
When not clear, chose the higher of the two levels of care you are choosing between.
Some of the concepts were broken down further, such as homeless or institutionalized status, since these questions keep coming up.
See infobox for med. For critical care this concept did not get collected prior to the 2016 Time and Place changes.
- 2022-12-29 - added option "Community Facility with support" to replace "Assisted Living" and "Supportive Housing" for patients with Dispo DtTm > 2023-01-01
Data Integrity Checks
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Check pre acute consistent||CCMDB.accdb||declined|
|Check function Validate Pre Acute Living Situation||CCMDB.accdb||implemented|
The field is populated with options from the s_pre_acute_living_situation table.