|First Admission||15 January 2007|
|Nr of Beds||14|
|Collection Unit Phone:||204-237-2061|
|Collection Unit Fax :||204-235-3553|
|Collection Unit Manager :||Sara Unrau, R.N.|
|Collection Unit Manager Phone :||204-258-1298|
|Collection Unit Clerk :|
see STB_CICU Collection Guide for collection instructions specific to this ward
STB_CICU is our Service/Location code for the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at St. Boniface General Hospital.
This is an intensive care unit which specializes in cardiac surgery. Non surgical cases that are also admitted would include AV ECMO and VAD patients that have not had cardiac surgery. Mainly post op CABG and cardiac valve surgeries as well as ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm repairs.
The unit is referred to within the database program as CICU (Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit). Within St. Boniface Hospital, the unit is called ICCS +/or CR5 (its location in the Asper Clinical Research Centre) (see map).
STB_CICU overflow into STB_MICU
- See ICUotherService
- SBGH intraweb http://intranet.sbgh.mb.ca/
- Cardiac Sciences Program http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/units/cardiac_sciences/index.html
includes preop and preprocedure forms & information as well as links to various program components
- Asper Clinical Research Centre http://asperfoundation.com/asper-research-institute/
Legacy ContentThis page contains Legacy Content.
- Explanation: No explanation was entered
- Successor: No successor was entered
Click Expand to show legacy content.
- Start time of this unit is the same time that the two ICU at STB, SICU & MICU, were combined into one unit.
STB Operating Rooms Closure 2014
- 2014-January-22: Fourteen operating rooms at St. Boniface Hospital shut down earlier this month due to flooding caused by a malfunction with water pumps and air handling systems which allowed cold air to come into contact with and crack hot water coils which heat the rooms.
- Emergency heart surgeries were diverted to HSC and Grace.
- Urgent cases are shifted to other hospitals. Victoria, Concordia, and Seven Oaks Hospitals have all received patients from St. Boniface since the shutdown.
- Officials at the time stated a total of 348 patients had voluntary or elective surgeries cancelled and were being resheduled.
- Between 2014-Jan-28 & 2014-Feb-4 - heart surgery was done at HSC and patient admitted to SICU then back to CICU when it opened hence the increase number of interfacility transfers between HSC SICU to STB CICU.