Previous Location field
|Data Element (edit)|
|CCMDB Label:||Previous Location|
|Program:||Med and CC|
The most recent previous physical location of a patient before arriving at the collection location.
For exceptions, see
- 1 Collection Instruction
- 1.1 Example
- 1.2 Where to find this information
- 1.3 direct admit / transfer
- 1.4 from psych unit
- 1.5 Dialysis unit as previous location
- 1.6 Heart Cath Lab vs OR as previous location
- 1.7 Data collection units that have a mix of different physician serve types
- 1.8 Patients from day surgery
- 1.9 Homeless Patients
- 1.10 Prison / Jail / Correctional Institution
- 2 Data Use
- 3 Cross Checks
- 4 Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
- 5 Implementation
- 6 Legacy
- 7 Related articles
For each patient,
- enter the option that most closely matches
- if you know the situation but nothing on the list matches closely, enter 'other - known but not listed
- if the situation is unknown, enter location missing/unknown
If you know the location exactly, you can type it. Otherwise press the "?" button to take you to the S dispo chooser to help filter options if desired.
For wards where we don't collect, enter e.g. HSC_ward. For wards where we do collect enter the actual ward as available in the dropdown.
Where to find this information
If patient came from a different Winnipeg hospital this should be recorded in the “Visit History” on the EPR, but sometimes it is missing. Can also use paper chart sent to your hospital from the sending hospital for information.
direct admit / transfer
from psych unit
Code patient from POU (pysch evaluation unit @ HSC) as "HSC ambulatory care" - it's not an inpatient ward.
Dialysis unit as previous location
For patient from Dialysis unit, use that unit as previous location. Pre acute living situation field would be the unit they came from right before, if applicable.
Heart Cath Lab vs OR as previous location
When a procedure (e.g valve replacement) is done in the cath lab before the pt arrives on your unit, enter Cath Lab if done in Cath Lab and put OR if done in OR.
Data collection units that have a mix of different physician serve types
We have a few units in the Region that have a mix of 2 different services (internal medicine, surgical, family medicine etc).
- VIC_S3 - is a mix of family medicine and internal medicine patients
- HSC_B3 - is a mix of day surgery & internal medicine patients
- any others?
For patients from these units:
- If patient is an internal medicine patient: enter the unit name (eg. VIC_S3)
- If patient is not a internal medicine patient, enter the generic hospital ward (e.g. VIC Ward); this will allow you to enter the Previous Service field with a physician service other than "Medicine".
Patients from day surgery
For patients admitted from day surgery units, enter:
- Previous Location - <your hospital> Ward, e.g. HSC Ward
- Previous Service - General Surgery (or other surgical service listed in drop down.
If a homeless patient is admitted directly then code them as admitted from home. Usually they would be via ER, of course, and you'd code them as that.
If a patient is admitted from prison, jail or a correctional institution, code this as an admission from "Institution NOS".
If applicable also code ICD10 Imprisonment/incarceration.
This data is used for tracking where most of the traffic on our units/wards comes from. For starters it will be reported to Critical Care (Randy Martin), who was also the requestor of this data.
Data Integrity Checks (SMW)
|Check CCI vs previous location||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
|Function Validate Previous Location||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
|Check function previous NE Location||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
|Query check previous location vs service inconsistent||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
|Check Accept Loc Park||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
|Query check prev pre-admit consistent||CCMDB.mdb||implemented|
|Check pre acute consistent||CCMDB.mdb||needs review|
|Query check VAP admit must be from ICU||CCMDB.mdb||retired|
|Link suspect mismatch from ours incomplete query||Centralized data front end.accdb||implemented|
The field is populated with options from the s_dispo table.
This field is part of the 2016 Time and Place changes.
It a combination of our previous