Visit Admit DtTm field
|Data Element (edit)|
|CCMDB Label:||Visit Admit DtTm|
|Program:||Med and CC|
|Start Date:||Jan 1, 2003|
The Visit Admit DtTm field is the start of the hospital registration for the current admission. If from ER, this is also the Triage DtTm.
Legacy implementation right in the table
The field it is automatically populated from Cognos EPR Report. For reference only, it contains the first entry in the visit location history in EPR for current visit at a hospital site.
The field is used as an identifier of a hospital encounter at your site. The info is used to:
- link together ICU and Ward admissions during the same hospital visit
- uniquely identify patient visits to Manitoba Health when we exchange data with them
We are not really using this as a date, we are using it as an identifier to link.
The field is pre-populated by Cognos2 Service Starter and should not need to be checked or changed.
Even if the time is obviously inconsistent with the real patient visit time, use time as in EPR.
|If a patient needs to be entered other than through Cognos|
Important NOTE: All collector must look exactly in the same place in the EPR to get this information as indicated in the instructions above. EPR lists the time the pt became an inpatient as this time.
Data Integrity Checks (automatic list)
|Link suspect not same visitAdmitDtTm query||Centralized data front end.accdb||implemented|
This field is part of the 2016 Time and Place changes.
It is being added to simplify the old linking - if we have the hospital admit date and time, we are done linking, none of the previous complex process will be needed any longer.
Start date and early data
- at some point before 2021-01-01 we started getting this field directly from Cognos, likely from the beginning of using Cognos.
- July 1, 2016 - Data collectors entering the data from EPR
- Jan 1, 2003 to June 30,2016 - generated Pseudo Visit Date_time
- before Jan 1, 2003 has a Visit Admit DtTm of null